- SolarFix, an innovative system designed specifically to keep birds out from under solar arrays
- Patent pending SolarFix plastic clips are UV stable and won't scratch anodised frames of solar panels.
- SolarFix clips are recommended every 450mm (18 inches) 2 clips on short edge 3 clips on long edge.
- SolarFix clips bind the mesh to the panels without drilling holes or damaging the system.
- Designed to fit our Solar Panel Mesh (WM133 & WM139). Nearly invisible from the ground
- A new product that is fast easy & highly effective, making solar panel bird exclusion straight forward
For SolarFix clips to work the solar panel must have a minimum 20mm return lip on the underside of the frame.
Solar panels are being installed on commercial and residential roofs across the United Kingdom at an ever-increasing rate. These arrays provide perfect harbourage for birds, squirrels and unwanted leaves during autumn, and homeowners are desperate for a solution that does not involve piercing, gluing, scratching or otherwise damaging the solar panels with mechanical fixings or adhesives. SolarFix solves the problem, avoiding warranty infringements.
The SolarFix system is designed specifically to keep all birds from getting under solar arrays, protecting the roof, wiring, and equipment from their damage. This non-penetrating system is fast and easy to install, and can be removed for service.
The wire mesh is supplied in rolls. The preferred technique is to cut it into 1.8m lengths and straighten before getting onto the roof. Then, using a length of 2” X 4” timber, bend up the bottom of the mesh panel to about 30 degrees. This “kick-out” helps to lock the mesh-apron firmly into place
For the SolarFix clip to work the solar panel must have a minimum 20mm return lip on the underside of the frame.
This innovative system is designed specifically to keep all birds from getting under solar arrays, protecting the roof, wiring, and equipment from damage.
A typical solar panel is approximately 1.6m tall and 1m wide, on a typical panel one should use 3 clips on each long edge and 2 clips on each short edge. See the diagram attached to this product listing for more details and an example of a typical installation.
- Where to Use: Rooftop solar panel arrays
- Target Bird: All species
- Bird Pressure: All levels
- Material: U.V. stabilized Nylon
- Installation: Wire mesh is bound to solar panels using solar panel clips
- Expertise Level: Easy
STEP 1: Place clips every 450mm. Slide the clip onto the edge of the panel support bracket. Slide as far outward as possible so the clip is all the way on the lip of the panel.
STEP 2: Set the wire mesh screen in place. Make sure the fastener rod comes through the screen at an upward angle as to keep downward pressure on the screen, pushing it towards the roof.
STEP 3: Slide the disk onto the shaft of the clip assembly until snug. Make adjustments to the screen as necessary. Tighten the disk to panel edge.
Include a 75mm (3inch) overlap of the mesh when installing the next section.
STEP 4: Cut off any excess mesh screen sticking over the top edge of the solar panel array. Cut of the clip assembly rod flush with the exterior of the speed washer. Use either our budget or professional wire cutters NT119 or NT120 respectively.