- Fully automated 4-speaker bird dispersal system, Extra speakers available, max 30
- Fully controllable including: volume, call duration, species type & call frequency
- Daylight Sensor ensures system only runs in daytime when birds are active
- Standard calls: Herring Gull, Black Headed Gull, Starling, Rook, Crow, Pigeon, Jackdaw, Canada Goose 1, Canada Goose 2 and Birds of Prey
- Unique variable volume feature and 3-channel playback rotation for added realism and threat enhancement
- Installation service available please call for details
Complete fixed system comprised of:
- 1 x Fully automatic and random play bird dispersal processor; incorporating 10
standard distress calls, built in keypad for setting controls, built in light sensor, and capable of
hosting up to 30 loudspeakers. Can be powered from 15v DC (100v/250v ac mains supply),
leisure battery, or Solar Power.
- 1 x in-built 30 watt Long-Line Transformer
- 1 x Power Supply; 15 Volt DC regulated switch mode; choice of EU/UK plug top
- 4 x 1215/L IP65-rated 20 watt re-entrant horn loudspeaker, fitted with fully
adjustable stainless steel mounting bracket & 2m flex.
Standard calls: Herring Gull, Black Headed Gull, Starling, Rook, Crow, Pigeon, Jackdaw, Canada Goose 1, Canada Goose 2 and Birds of Prey
For additional distress calls please contact us on 01903 538 488
Additional speakers can be purchased up to a maximum of 10 speakers per channel (3 channels in total) giving a maximum total speaker volume per system of 30.
The system has the following unique features
- Species-specific call selection from a pre-programmed list of 10 standard calls. User can select single or multiple calls which will play in sequence with a 60 second delay in between each species call.
- Randomised playback. If multiple species' calls are selected to play the system will automatically randomise the sequence in which they playback on each occasion to avoid habituation
- 3-channel playback rotation, the system has three channels, each able to support up to 10 speakers allowing the user to create 3-zones across which the sound will broadcast in a randomised sequence. Each channel will playback for 60 seconds in turn with a 60 second delay in between. This created the perception of a moving threat which heightens the anxiety in the target bird species as it is unable to locate the source of the distress call.
- Automated variable volume playback. The B I R D system will automatically raise and lower the volume of the playback during the 60 second output, up to a user pre-set maximum limit, to create the sense of a moving threat.
- Adjustable automatic day light sensor in built to the system to effect dawn-til-dusk operation, birds are active in daylight hours, the system will shut down 1-hour after sunset to avoid nighttime playback and habituation. Light sensitivity can be adjusted
- Remote light sensor available for when the control box has to be located indoors.
- Optional PIN code lock to prevent unwanted tampering / adjustment to the system
- LED display on box cover informs user of system status
- External key pad controls for quick and easy system programming and adjustment.
Scarecrow BIRD systems are designed for static, permanent installations where a large surface area needs to be protected from infesting birds using multiple sound sources.
Using multiple speakers ensures that the area to be protected can be done so effectively at optimum volume across the site without using eleveated sound levels from a single source, unlike other systems.
Scarecrow B I R D's in-built power 30 watt amplifier allows for extended speaker channel round of up to 200 linear metres per channel allowing for a maximum area coverage of 125,000 square metres.
Recommended areas of use:
- Industrial & commercial roofs
- Car park decks
- Sports facilities including playing fields & Astroturf pitches
- Aircraft hangars
- Exhibition halls
- Shopping centres
- Railway sheds, bus depots & stations
- Warehousing & distribution buildings