- Long Lasting, Non-Toxic, Bird Repellent Gel For Use Against Pigeons, Starlings & Sparrows.
- Easy To Apply To Linear Problem Areas Including Ledges, Parapets & Cornices.
- Transparent Gel. 1-Part Product, No Skinning Agent Required. Maintenance Free
- Lay Parallel Beads 5-7cm Apart. 1 tube covers approx. 3-4 metres depending on species.
- Buy a Case of 12 Tubes for the Price of 10 Tubes
This product may be used to repel pigeons, starlings and sparrows from buildings and adjacent structures. This product may be applied to window sills, roof lines, gutter edges, signage, ornamental copings, cornices, ledges, poarapet walls and similar structures.
WEAR DISPOSABLE GLOVES WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT. Do not apply this product in wet weather conditions, surfaces should be clean & dry.
Do not apply this product in temperatures below freezing. Product should be approximately room temperature (65-80°F or 18-27°C) at the time of application.
Do not apply when repellent may entangle small garden bird species, on or near bird feeders, or on vegetation / structures supporting bird feeders.
Use on ledges, sills, beams, rafters and hundreds of other indoor and outdoor locations where nuisance birds alight or roost.
Bird Proof repellent can effectively discourage pigeons, starlings, house sparrows and certain other nuisance birds from roosting on or returning to a treated area for up to one year.
PREPARING SURFACES FOR TREATMENT
1. To reduce potential exposure to bird related diseases wear waterproof gloves and a P3-grade respirator for dust protection when cleaning areas to be treated. Prepare surfaces to be treated by removing dirt, droppings and other debris. Using water mixed with PX Ornikill or similar disinfectant, wet surfaces to be cleaned to limit the generation of airbourne dust. Allow cleaned surfaces to dry fully prior to treatment as product adhesion may be poor on wet surfaces.
2. Check on the condition of the surface to which the repellent is to be applied. Treat porous surfaces such as wood, stone or concrete with an undercoating such as paint or sealer before applying Bird-X Bird-Proof Repellent Gel. On asphalt or wood shingles, or any other surface from which relatively easy removal of the product is desired, apply waterproof tape or similar material first and apply the repellent to the tape rather than directly to the substrate.
1. Place cartridge in a caulking gun
2. Angle-cut the cartridge nozzle to desired bead width: 1/4" (6mm) for starlings and pigeons, 1/8" (3mm) for house sparrows. DONOT APPLY BEADS WIDER THAN THOSE INDICATED.
3. Beginning 1" (2.5cm) from outside edge apply product in a line travelling the length of the surface to be treated. Leave a 1" (2.5cm) gap in the bead every 10" or 25cm to allow for drainage. One such bead should be sufficient on surfaces up to 4" (10cm) wide. For surfaces of 4"-8" (10-20cm) wide apply two parallel beads spaced 2" (5cm) apart, with the outermost bead being 1" from the outer edge. On surfaces wider than 8" (20cm) apply a series of parallel beads 2-3" (5-7cm) apart or apply two parallel beads 1" (2.5cm) and a repeating S-shaped line throughout the area between the beads.
4. 1 ounce of product will cover 1 linear foot of the bead width indicated for Starlings and Pigeons. Less product will be needed per linear foot of the bead width for indicated sparrows.
5. The effectiveness of this product will diminish if it becomes largely covered with dirt and debris. In such cases clean the surface and repeat treatment.
6. Keep plastic cap on opened cartridge to prevent product contacting eyes.
Remove product from person and application equipment by using vegetable oil first, followed by soap and water. Clean treated surfaces by removing masking tape (if used) and by scraping-off material and applying mineral spirits. Wear appropriate skin and respiratory protection when performing these tasks.